Our soccer school is the starting point for our players offering training and games for children from the age of 4.
Kingswood United Football Club
Formed in 2019, Kingswood United started with a Soccer School of 50 children and 17 teams. Just four years later, we now have over 650 children and adults as well as over 40 teams across three football grounds, Kinloss Park, Bude Park and Noddle Hill Playing Fields.
Kingwood United FC was formed in 2019 when there was a huge demand for a club in the Kingswood and surrounding area. Our founder, Paul Richardson, wanted to bring grassroots football to the area ensuring that children had the support and facilities to play safely as well as ensuring their development and growth.
The club started in April 2019 with a soccer school at Kingswood Parks Primary School with five volunteers and 40 children at the first session. Each session saw a growth in numbers with more children joining and enjoying the sport.
In our first year, the soccer school grew in demand and the club had seventeen teams playing from Bude Park in Hull including a mixture of new teams as well as established teams coming across, embracing our ethos.
During the Covid pandemic, our club continued to grow. We found many ways to bring the club together during this time through different virtual activities, online sporting sessions and distanced training.
In 2021, our club was successful in becoming a Company limited by guarantee with five trustees ensuring the financial stability of the club and the continuing growth.
Every year since, the club has continued to thrive. In our 2022-23 season, the club has 36 teams in total; a mix of girls, boys and adult teams. These teams play from our home ground of the Connexin Community Sports Ground at Kinloss Park, as well as Bude Park and Noddle Hill Playing Fields.
As well as our teams, we have soccer schools running every Tuesday and Saturday from Kinloss Park along with Wildcats and Squad Girls sessions every Wednesday.
Our aims and mission
The aims for our football club are:
- To provide all children and adults with the opportunity to play football regardless of ability, age or gender.
- To increase the number of pitches and welfare facilities for all players.
- To create a fun and safe environment for all members of the club.
- To raise standards and behaviour to ensure a safe and positive environment for all children and adults.
- To increase the skill level and knowledge for all volunteers within the club.
- To develop and retain a qualified team of volunteers to deliver the football development plan within our club and the local community.
- To provide the highest quality facilities for our players, officials and spectators.
Our Wildcats sessions are particularly aimed at girls wanting to develop their footballing skills. They take place every Wednesday evening.
Currently, we do not have a men's team this season but are hoping to develop this for the new season in 2023/24.
Our first women's team formed this year for the 2022/23 season. They are developing with every game and we are looking forward to seeing their growth over the coming season and years ahead.