Our mission and aims
Kingswood United CIO helps people in the local area to develop their love of healthy recreation, providing sessions to further improve their physical and mental health.
Kingswood United CIO Mission and aims
Kingswood United CIO was established to provide support to members of the local community within Bransholme, Sutton Park, Kingswood and the wider area of Hull and the East Riding.
Our object is:
The promotion of community participation in healthy recreation for the benefit of all members of the public in the city of Hull by the provision of facilities for playing sports.
We will do this through:
- Providing a range of sporting and recreation sessions for a range of different groups of people in a safe and positive environment.
- To promote well-being and supporting positive mental-health.
- Offering sporting and community sessions which are fun, engaging and accessible for all, offering the opportunity to discuss and talk.
- Providing an environment which is supportive for all, offering guidance and advice to everybody.
- Developing a range of sporting and coaching sessions to help young people and adults to develop mentoring skills, enabling them to volunteer in sessions themselves.
- Offering support and guidance, giving children and young people a valued voice where they will be listened to without judgement.
- To use sport as a vehicle to help children, young people and adults to open up and communicate more, discussing their thoughts and feelings.